Extension idea ... is it technically possible?

I’ve seen other questions about adding decorators to the editor, and this is probably a similar question.

I would like to be able to CTRL-click on a specific piece of text in the extension console or in the terminal that mentions a file and line to be taken directly there. This is hugely helpful for debugging and reacting to testing output during PHP development.

For example, I would like to parse window content for something like this:

/var/www/html/tests/Feature/Http/Responses/ReportCsvResponseTest.php:64

and turn it into a link that takes the user to that file and line when clicked.

@Logan is this possible at this point yet, or is required functionality not yet in place to do this?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
~Mike

Adding file/line location parsing would be really useful - I use the equivalent behavior in VSCode all the time.

I don’t think there are any current APIs that allow interacting with the console/terminal though.

1 Like

This should be working for Terminals, at the very least, when holding Command (although I don’t believe jumping to a line is supported). This is definitely something we can consider looking into doing. Cameron is correct, though. Extensions currently have no API access to terminals or the formatted contents of the console and how its rendered.

1 Like