All of us at Panic deeply appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into creating so many excellent Nova extensions. Your amazing efforts make Nova an even better Mac app; a big thanks to the community for all of your amazing efforts!
To make the process of maintaining extensions easier for developers, we’re excited to announce the new “Nova Extension Developer License Program”. Now, extension developers can request a free, not for resale (NFR) license of Nova, on the house, once your extension meets the following requirements:
- Published or updated within the last year
- Contains proper documentation, as outlined in the extension template
- 500 or more downloads from the Nova Extension Gallery
To request your license or renewal, simply email email@example.com from the email address associated with your developer account, and include the following information:
- A link to your listing on the Extension Gallery
- The name and email address you’d like your license to be registered to
- The serial number associated with your current license (in the case of renewal)
Only one license may be requested per extension developer, and the license is non-transferrable. In the case you already have a Nova license your existing license may be renewed. After the first year, we will renew your developer license for another year under the same terms.
If you have additional questions about these requirements, or other suggestions about how we can improve the extension development community, please let us know. We’re all ears!