Improved Comparison

I’d like to be able to compare files and get a visual representation like in the comparison view. In addition, I`d like to compare a given file against the clip board contents.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I`d be willing to implement the corresponding extension myself, but don’t know if there is an API for diffing/accessing the comparison view.

Cheers
Chris

Hello Christian,

Access to the comparison view from the extension API is not currently possible, but I will consider this feature request as the first ask for it!

1 Like

Hi Logan,
please consider exposing an API for the comparison view only as a feature request if there are no plans to add text comparison to Nova. I consider myself more a Nova user than an extension developer :wink:
Cheers
Chris

You can compare any file to any file by clicking on the dropdown arrow at the top of the comparison view, then click on the document icon in the top right of the popover. It will open a file browser to choose a file.

For comparing clip board contents you could open a new untitled document, then open comparison view and choose a file to compare against in the right hand side. Then paste your clipboard into the left hand side whenever you need to.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 10.43.25 AM

1 Like

Hi Austen,
thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :slight_smile:
Cheers
Chris