Today I seek a more agile context sensitive auto-suggestion function for inline style property values.
E.g. I start an inline style declaration thus:
- I type <div st
- the (style=“”) option appears. [wow! great! love it!] I select this option.
- now I’ve got: <div style=“”
- I move cursor between the quotes and type te
- the (text-align: ) attribute option appears. [Excelsior!] I select it.
- now I’ve got: <div style="text-align: "
- now for the value. Thinking “center” I type c and get a list of pretty much useless color options, really nothing relevant in this context…
- I keep typing and discover I have to provide the entire word center
Read: iceberg of disappointment.
The functionality I seek is present in Coda, what darlings, happened with Nova?
Am I dreaming that it is reasonable to expect Nova v11.2 would include the feature for which I yearn?
Truthfully, I can live with it as is, but had to ask in case I’m simply missing the correct setting, or possibly a plugin.
I have been waiting all thru Nova v10 for this to start working as expected.
And today I paid for the upgrade to v11.2 which is awesome BTW. But alas, no joy.
So here I am, pleading my likely pointless case, advocating for a fix I may never see, in the remote hope that some kind and forgiving soul will take pity on my plight and lead me toward the promised land.
Thanks for listening. I love you guys, and I love Nova. And in any case, I will bring you donuts again the next time I visit Portland.
Until then, have fun, code safe, and keep up the good work. Thank you.
With big hugs, and much love, I remain,
Your devoted customer,