Introducing GitHub Copilot LSP Extension for Nova

Hello fellow Nova developers,

I am excited to announce that I’ve started working on a new extension to bring GitHub Copilot to Panic’s Nova Editor! The project, called “nova-copilot-lsp,” aims to integrate GitHub Copilot’s powerful AI-driven code completion features into Nova, making it even more convenient for developers to write code efficiently.

I’ve laid the foundation for the extension, but it is currently not functional. I am reaching out to the community to request your help in bringing it to life. Whether you have experience with the Language Server Protocol, Nova extensions, or simply want to contribute to an open-source project, your input and assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Here is the GitHub repository for the project: GitHub - gobijan/nova-copilot-lsp: nova-copilot-lsp aims to provide integration with Github Copilot in Nova by Panic.

If you are interested in contributing or have any ideas, please don’t hesitate to open an issue or submit a pull request on GitHub. Additionally, you can reply to this thread to discuss any suggestions or ask questions about the project.

Together, we can make this GitHub Copilot extension a fantastic addition to Nova’s growing ecosystem of extensions. Thank you in advance for your support and collaboration!

Looking forward to working with you all!

Best regards,

1 Like

@tommasongr and me made it partially work. Sometimes completions are good and helpful and sometimes they seem out of context.

This would be awesome, yet extensions in Nova are quite limited in terms of UI/UX which will limit the integration.

I hope Nova could do something about it…

1 Like

I am also interested in this addon, but unfortunately I can hardly test it at the moment because Copilot does not yet support Nix, which is what I mainly do at the moment.

Can’t get the login to work, will try to look at the repo.

1 Like

I also haven’t been able to login.

Upon checking the logs, it appears there is trouble with node. Not sure if it’s my machine or environment that’s the issue, but I did try a fresh install and such.