Is there a similar feature available like rmate / rsub

As probably like many here, have used several editors through the years. Mostly reverted back to Sublime Text. I am really keen on giving Nova a try. I am wondering (searched but did not find).

Does Nova have anything similar like rmate / rsub - allowing to be the editor on remote ssh files. Here is a bit more on the rsub package for Sublime Text: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/rsub

Would love to hear about possibilities / options that Nova has on this.

Thanks!

Piet

1 Like

Not quite what you want, I suspect. We don’t have a tool that can be installed remotely on the other side. However, Nova has full support for browsing remote filesystems via SSH / SFTP (and other protocols) and editing files directly in that way, you just can’t open them via a terminal in the way rmate was designed to.

I have been looking for this and was wondering if there wasn’t a way it could be done with a simple shell command that would generate a link to open another session in nova ?

Like in a shell you’d type.
~> novalink /etc/motd

Click the link: sshnova://user@222.33.44.55:/etc/motd

Then just clicking the link in iTerm2 would just open said file using nova (assuming nova already knows how to find the ssh private key in the standard local folder and that it is authorized on the remote server).