[Solutions provided] Improved markdown to html parsing on extension webpage needed

The individual webpages generated for a published extension lacks some markdown to html conversions. The ones I spotted so far:

1. single line breaks merged
Paragraph
* bullet point one
* bullet point two
* bullet point three

Results to

Paragraph* bullet point one* bullet point two* bullet point three

1. multiple spaces converted to code block

Preamble

The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for
software and other kinds of works.

Results to

Preamble

The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for software and other kinds of works.

Hi @oliveratgithub,

for lists use the hyphen syntax:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • etc.

For code you might try the tripple-tick (3x` no spaces):

code

Thanks regarding the bullet list @mike.bronner :+1:

However the problem with the License statement is from copy pasted original GNU GPLv3 text- It shouldn’t actually convert to a code block.

Sorry, I misunderstood your code block issue. That does seem a bit like an issue. For the time being you might have to do a find/replace on all double-spaces that occur after a line break, or something like that.

The license also comes in markdown format, perhaps that might be a quicker route that addresses all your problems? https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.md (Not sure if you were already referencing that one, or the text one?)

Oh didn’t know - guess that might be better

But just to point out: the issue happens on the automatically generated extension page on https://extensions.nova.app, so my intention was to point out some parsing issues happening there (GitHub for example parsed the 2 blocks I initially referenced correctly). This example page here might be helpful to show what I meant: SEO snippets | Nova Extensions

1 Like

Perhaps it would be nice if Panic identified what Markdown flavour they currently support, both on the website as well as for the Nova built-in previewer. I’ve tried to figure out what is running on the website, but Panic is pre-generating those pages and serve them statically after Markdown parsing.

3 Likes